Clinical Operations Manager
Under the supervision of the Chief Operating Officer, the Clinical Operations Manager is accountable for oversight and development of Dasher’s Community Healthcare Workers and other healthcare-related programs.
- Develops new and maintains current healthcare-related outreach programs designed to improve community health and wellness.
- Understands various quality initiatives and reporting programs including the ability to design and produce outcomes reports that incorporate internal and external quality metrics.
- Supervises the CHW Supervisory team, including but not limited to work allocation, training, reporting of all activity, and problem resolution. Evaluates overall team performance and makes recommendations for CHW team personnel actions.
- Acts as a liaison with clients to ensure that all contract SLAs are being met and that programs are being evaluated in conjunction with client-assigned program sponsors.
- Builds and maintains positive working relationships with those in the community such as providers, nurse case managers, agency representatives, supervisors and office staff from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Assures that field staff have necessary professional and safety training.
- Creates and delivers public presentations about programs to interested audiences, including potential payers.
- Oversees financial results related to assigned programs, ensuring revenues and expenses meet budget.
- Bachelor’s degree required with concentration in Business, Finance or Healthcare preferred or medical field degree/certification/licensure (registered nurse, social worker, etc.) with equivalent (3 years) healthcare management experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- Knowledge of HEDIS, CAHPS, Medicare Star Rating, and other healthcare quality measures desired.
- Demonstrated ability to lead field staff desired.
- Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license, safe driving record and willingness to travel within Pennsylvania required.
- Skill in organizing resources, establishing priorities, and analyzing results required.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of clients/members in a diverse community.
- Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops.
- Skill in use of personal computers and Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook).
- Ability to pass background checks (criminal, child abuse, etc.).
- Ability to pass required training (HIPAA, data security, safe driving, etc.)
Compensation: Please provide salary requirements with resume. Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience. Generous benefits offered to all employees working 24 hours or more per week (health, dental, vision, paid time off, disability, life, 401k).
Dasher offers our team a welcoming, respectful, and safe environment that reinforces our commitment to high expectations for performance and community citizenship. Our Mission is to help people lead happy, healthy lives.
Email Resume and Salary Requirements to: email@example.com
Dasher does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, gender, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, or marital status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local laws, regulations or ordinances. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, access to benefits and training, and other terms and conditions of employment.