Community Engagement Specialist
Dasher exists to help people live happy, healthy lives. Joining our Community Engagement team provides an opportunity to work in a purposeful and fulfilling position specifically designed to assist members of healthcare organizations. Dasher’s values center around providing encouragement, compassion, and support to our fellow team members, and paying those values forward when interacting with our clients and our community.
The purpose of the Community Engagement Specialist role is to establish positive, supporting relations with providers, insurers and/or members via phone and written correspondence to gather information necessary in the administration of health risk assessments and member insurance support as required by client contracts.
Applicants with strong communication skills, and call center or health insurance experience are encouraged to apply.
• Effectively communicate the purposes of programs to members via phone communications.
• Collect questionnaire/survey data and document responses according to department protocol.
• Gather member information required to obtain and/or maintain insurance.
• Confer with members to assist with the process of completing the initial application or reapplication materials needed to maintain state benefits and assist members in overcoming barriers faced throughout the process.
• Use knowledge of client products/services to assist members with inquiries, complaints, or problems.
• Conduct additional work assignments corresponding with department needs at the direction of supervisor.
• High school diploma required
• Knowledge of or ability to learn community resources (social services agencies)
• Bilingual in Spanish (speaking, reading, and writing) a plus, but not required
• Ability to pass background checks (criminal, child abuse), drug screen and HIPAA/Data Security Training
• Strong interpersonal and communications ability
• Computer skills including Microsoft WORD, EXCEL and email
Generous salary and benefits offered (health, dental, vision, paid time off, disability, life, 401k)
We are following CDC Guidelines for employee and customer health and safety at all times.
Stick Together. Learn Together. Dream Together.
Dasher offers our team a welcoming, respectful, and safe environment that reinforces our commitment to high expectations for performance and community citizenship. Our Mission is to help people lead happy, healthy lives.
Submit resume, cover letter and salary expectations to:
Dasher does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, gender, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, or marital status or any other legally recognized protected
basis under federal, state, or local laws, regulations or ordinances. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, access to benefits and training, and other terms and conditions of employment.