Community Healthcare Worker
Dasher exists to help people live happy, healthy lives. Joining our team as a Community Healthcare Worker (CHW) provides an opportunity to work in a purposeful and fulfilling position specifically designed to assist members of healthcare organizations. Dasher’s values center around providing encouragement, compassion, and support to our fellow team members, and paying those values forward when interacting with our clients and our community. This position will be focused in the 9 county Central Pennsylvania area.
- Serve as peer counselors for members and provide support information and insight to encourage member engagement in their healthcare
- Effectively communicate the purposes, benefits, and services of the program to members, case managers, and providers
- Coordinate intake procedures such as gathering member data, scheduling initial member meeting, processing related information, and conducting associated assessments
- Provide ongoing, culturally sensitive follow-up, basic motivational interviewing and goal setting consistent with care plan
- Monitor and review member activity to ensure appropriate utilization of services and adjust resources as needed
- Travel extensively to meet members in community settings and build relationships with provider-based case managers and providers
- High school diploma required. Associate degree preferred
- Strong emphasis placed on knowledge of community resources (e.g., social services agencies)
- Fluent in Spanish a plus – speaking, reading and writing
- Volunteer experience a plus
- 2 years of relevant work experience (building trusting relationships, teamwork, motivating others, interacting with diverse group)
- Ability to drive safely, walk limited distances outdoors, carry up to 20 pounds and climb stairs. Valid driver’s license required
- Ability to pass background checks (criminal, child abuse) and drug / nicotine screen
- Ability to pass HIPAA and data security training
- Strong interpersonal and communications ability
- Ability to plan and manage time effectively and to work independently
- Computer skills including Excel and email
Generous salary and benefits offered (health, dental, vision, paid time off, disability, life, 401k)
Stick Together. Learn Together. Dream Together.
Dasher offers our team a welcoming, respectful, and safe environment that reinforces our commitment to high expectations for performance and community citizenship. Our Mission is to help people live happy, healthy lives.
Dasher does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, gender, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, or marital status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local laws, regulations or ordinances. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, access to benefits and training, and other terms and conditions of employment.