Full Time Community Healthcare Worker- Entry-Level Position
Dasher exists to help people live happy, healthy lives. Joining our team as a Community Healthcare Worker (CHW) provides an opportunity to work in a purposeful and fulfilling position specifically designed to assist members of the Medicaid community. Dasher’s values center around providing encouragement, compassion and support to our fellow team members, and paying those values forward when interacting with our clients and our community. This entry-level position is perfectly suited for the individual with an enthusiastic and upbeat personality. Available positions may be field-based or office-based. Interaction with members may be by phone or in person.
- Establish trusting, positive supporting relationships with members
- Provide ongoing, culturally sensitive follow-up, basic motivational interviewing and goal setting consistent with care plan by meeting members in the home, clinic, or community setting as determined by program
- Remain up to date on knowledge of community resources appropriate to the needs of members/families and provide referrals for services to community agencies as appropriate
- Assist members in overcoming barriers to compliance by helping them connect with transportation and other community resources, providing appointment reminders, etc. as determined by the program
- Exhibit excellent working relations with insureds, providers and case managers
- Conduct assessments of members as directed by supervisor
- Effectively communicate the purposes, benefits and services of the CHW program to members, case managers, and providers
- Identify and refer high risk members promptly to appropriate client representative as determined by the program
- Build relationships with providers and aid communication between provider and patient
- Distribute culturally appropriate health information to clients as determined by the program
- Develop plan for contacting and meeting with assigned members and accurately report results
- Travel to meet members in community settings and build relationships with provider-based case managers and providers as determined by the program
- Continuously improve through ongoing training and development
- High school diploma required.
- Strong emphasis placed on knowledge of community resources (e.g., social services agencies)
- Bilingual a plus but not required – speaking, reading and writing
- Experience conducting home visits in the community is a plus
- Volunteer experience a plus
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to drive safely, walk limited distances outdoors, carry up to 20 pounds and climb stairs
- Ability to pass background checks (criminal, child abuse), motor vehicle report, and drug screen
- HIPAA training must be completed prior to meeting with members
- Data security training must be completed prior to meeting with members
- Strong interpersonal and communications ability
- Ability to plan and manage time effectively and to work independently
- Computer skills including Excel and email
- Competitive salary offered based on qualifications and experience
- Generous benefits offered to all employees working 24+ hours/week (health, dental, vision, paid time off, disability, life, 401k)
Dasher offers our team a welcoming, respectful, and safe environment that reinforces our commitment to high expectations for performance and community citizenship. Our Mission is to help people lead happy, healthy lives.
Email Resume and Salary Requirements to:
Dasher does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, gender, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, or marital status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local laws, regulations or ordinances. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, access to benefits and training, and other terms and conditions of employment.