Community Healthcare Worker- Harrisburg
Dasher exists to help people lead happy, healthy lives. Joining our team as a Community Healthcare Worker (CHW) provides an opportunity to work in a purposeful and fulfilling position specifically designed to assist members of the Medicaid community. You will be provided with a company laptop and cell phone to use as part of your mobile office. Dasher’s values center around providing encouragement, compassion and support to our fellow team members, and paying those values forward when interacting with our clients and our community. This position will be primarily located in our Harrisburg office with most interaction by phone, as well as some possible travel to a nine-county Central PA area to conduct home and community visits.
• Establish trusting, positive supporting relationships with members
• Provide ongoing, culturally sensitive follow-up, basic motivational interviewing and goal setting consistent with care plan by meeting members in the home, clinic, or community setting.
• Remain up-to-date on knowledge of community resources appropriate to the needs of members/families and provide referrals for services to community agencies as appropriate
• Assist members in overcoming barriers to compliance by helping them connect with transportation and other community resources, providing appointment reminders, etc.
• Exhibit excellent working relations with insureds, providers and case managers
• Conduct assessments of members as directed by supervisor
• Effectively communicate the purposes, benefits and services of the CHW program to members, case managers, and providers
• Identify and refer high risk members promptly to appropriate client representative
• Build relationships with providers and aid communication between provider and patient
• Distribute culturally appropriate health information to clients
• Develop plan for contacting and meeting with assigned members and accurately report results
• Travel to meet members in community settings and build relationships with provider-based case managers and providers
• Continuously improve through ongoing training and development
• High school diploma required. Associate degree preferred
• Strong emphasis placed on knowledge of community resources (e.g., social services agencies)
• Fluent in Spanish a plus – speaking, reading and writing
• Experience conducting home visits in the community is a plus
• Volunteer experience a plus
• Valid driver’s license
• 3-5 years of relevant work experience (building trusting relationships, team work, motivating others, interacting with diverse group)
• Ability to drive safely, walk limited distances outdoors, carry up to 20 pounds and climb stairs
• Ability to pass background checks (criminal, child abuse) and drug / nicotine screen
• Ability to pass HIPAA training
• Ability to pass data security training
• Strong interpersonal and communications ability
• Ability to plan and manage time effectively and to work independently
• Computer skills including Excel and email
• Competitive salary offered based on qualifications and experience
• Generous benefits offered to all employees working 24+ hours/week (health, dental, vision, paid time off, disability, life, 401k)
Dasher offers our team a welcoming, respectful, and safe environment that reinforces our commitment to high expectations for performance and community citizenship. Our Mission is to help people lead happy, healthy lives.
Email Resume and Salary Requirements to:
Dasher does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, gender, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, or marital status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local laws, regulations or ordinances. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, access to benefits and training, and other terms and conditions of employment.