Community Healthcare Worker Supervisor
Overview: Dasher exists to help people live happy, healthy lives. Dasher’s values center around providing encouragement, compassion and support to our fellow team members, and paying those values forward when interacting with our clients and our community. Under general supervision, the Community Healthcare Worker Supervisor oversees and supervises the daily activities of a team of Community Healthcare Workers engaged in providing member education, care coordination and access to resources to program members with the goal of improving their health and well-being. The CHW Supervisor serves as the day-to-day liaison with clients and assists with public and potential contract presentations.
- Oversees all facets of the daily operations of the organizational unit, including but not limited to functional coordination and administration of subordinate staff performing related work.
- Supervises In-house and field-based Community Healthcare Workers, including but not limited to work allocation, training, reporting of all activity, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Observes employees in the field for purposes of coaching and evaluation.
- Assists in the creation of training modules and continuing education curriculum for Community Healthcare Workers.
- Trains new Community Healthcare Workers and provides ongoing staff development instruction.
- Acts as a liaison with client to communicate all questions and concerns of Community Healthcare Workers regarding members and plan of care to members.
- Provides regular reports for organizational unit with frequency and content as directed by management.
- Reviews staff reports for accuracy, clarity, content, completeness, spelling, grammar and follow through on member month-to-month plan of care.
- Manages reports for internal reporting purposes and external/client required reports.
- May serve a limited caseload of members in a similar manner as Community Healthcare Workers, taking on more complex cases as needed. Includes assisting members in the community or in a clinic setting, documenting member encounters, maintaining member files and documenting activities. Educates members, assists them in accessing health related and social services, provides support and advocacy and facilitates access to community resources.
- Works collaboratively and effectively within a team. Establishes positive, supportive relationships with participants and provides feedback to other members of the team. Builds and maintains positive working relationships with the members, providers, nurse case managers, agency representatives, supervisors and office staff, from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds. Works to reduce cultural and socio-economic barriers.
- Assists with public presentations on program to interested audiences, including potential payers.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis. Bachelor’s Degree; at least 2 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. OR High school diploma or GED; at least 5 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Medical office experience a plus.
- Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license and safe driving record required.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- Skill in use of personal computers and Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook).
- Creative and analytical thinking.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Analytical, evaluative, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to drive safely, walk limited distances outdoors, carry up to 20 pounds, and climb stairs.
- Ability to pass background checks (criminal, child abuse, etc.).
- Ability to pass HIPAA training.
- Ability to pass data security training.
- Willingness to travel within Pennsylvania.
- Competitive salary offered based on qualifications and experience.
- Generous benefits offered to all employees (health, dental, vision, paid time off, disability, life, 401K).
Dasher offers our team a welcoming, respectful, and safe environment that reinforces our commitment to high expectations for performance and community citizenship. Our Mission is to help people live happy, healthy lives.
Email Resume and Salary Requirements to:
Dasher does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, gender, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, or marital status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local laws, regulations or ordinances. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, access to benefits and training, and other terms and conditions of employment.