Full Time Accounting Assistant
Overview: Dasher exists to help people live happy, healthy lives. We are seeking an Accounting Assistant to join our team on a full-time basis in the Harrisburg location. This position would be responsible for accurately preparing assigned client billings, processing vendor payments and other bookkeeping functions as well as assuring compliance with Dasher’s client and vendor contracts.
- Prepare and process assigned client invoices timely and accurately from source documentation
- Communicate with managers and clients to seek payment resolution on outstanding accounts
- Process approved vendor invoices/employee expense reports with proper coding
- Develop allocation of costs, as warranted, for certain expenses based on cost center utilization/staffing allocations
- Reimburse petty cash routinely
- Maintain and post AR, AP and cash transactions in Sage and reconcile account transactions
- Maintain appropriate supporting documentation to assure adequate audit trails
- Develop weekly recommendation on what items should be paid based upon payment terms/due dates
- Process payments upon receiving Executive approval to pay (ACH, debit or check, as warranted)
- Perform monthly analysis of client billings and vendor payments to assure completeness
- Prepare monthly expense reconciliation of selected accounts to verify accuracy
- Protect Dasher’s integrity by keeping ALL information confidential (share only with authorized staff)
- Maintain client and vendor contracts and update contract summaries
- Review details of client and vendor contracts to ensure compliance with those contract terms
- Respond to inquiries and investigate issues, including requests by auditors and Dasher leadership
- Maintain and update client and vendor information in Sage and develop relationship with contacts
- Secure W9’s for new vendors and update W9’s, as needed, for existing vendors
- Set up new vendors within Sage accounting software and obtain ACH banking information if possible
- Process 1099’s forms
- Other financial tasks as assigned and as schedule allows
- Accounting degree or 3-5 years relevant work experience
- Strong math skills.
- Ability to maintain constant confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal and communications ability
- Ability to plan and manage time effectively and to work independently
- Strong computer skills including Excel and Microsoft Word. Sage experience a plus.
- Competitive wages offered based on qualifications and experience
Dasher offers our team a welcoming, respectful, and safe environment that reinforces our commitment to high expectations for performance and community citizenship. Our Mission is to help people lead happy, healthy lives.
Email Resume and Salary Requirements to:
Dasher does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, gender, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, or marital status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local laws, regulations or ordinances. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, access to benefits and training, and other terms and conditions of employment.